Wednesday, March 28, 2007

I found another future BF PCV!!


I can't stop searching Google for info on Burkina Faso + Peace Corps + Science Teaching thereabouts + Packing.

Surprisingly, I found a post on 43 Things by a guy who is also going to Burkina Faso to be a Secondary Science Teacher, with a staging on the same day. Strange to almost randomly come across someone on the internet who I may or may not get to know really well even though right now i don't know his real name.

http://www.43things.com/entries/view/1808977?new_comment=1586163&page=0#comment1586163 was the post.


Today I also learned that my research advisors, Kim and Jed - well actually only Kim - is pregnant!! How great. They are great mentors and so I can only believe they will be amazing parents. I told them about Burkina Faso and we went out in hall and looked at the map and I showed them the country. The map was so old that the country was called Upper Volta. I hope I get to see pics of the baby even though I'll be in Africa.

Tonight I'll make my first attempt at a packing list - just so I can get some idea of what I own and what I'll need to buy.

Right now I'm back in the Risley Library at Cornell where i spent many late nights. Here's a pic of said library with some of my sweet friends from last semester come exam time.

No comments: