Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Review, for some

Alright, so I'm hoping that readers of this blog will come from all corners of my life, so let me just do a quick recap of where life is at for me. In January I graduated from Cornell University with a degree in Biology, concentrating in Neurobiology and Behavior. I have ever intention in going on to graduate school for something related to that field and animals, but where and when that will be shall be determined at a later time.

In January I went to Kenya, as a part of the last class i took with Cornell. It was amazing. We stayed in the Lakipia region in central Kenya, along side the Masai and wild Africa and learned some field biology. I've wanted to go to this part of the world more than any other for quite sometime, so it was a dream come true. Maybe I'll post some pics here.

In the fall of last year, while finishing my last semester here at Cornell, I finally moved forward with applying to the Peace Corps. I'd had the idea in my head, more or less, for almost four years, and the time had come. I'll go into the application process at another time but, long story short, I'm on the edge of completion of the application process. Today or tomorrow my mom will get my invitation packet in the mail, I'l call her, and she'll tell me where and when I'll be going. As of now, all I have is a rough sketch of what I'll be doing: Secondary Level Science teacher and potentially Middle School level English teacher in French speaking Africa leaving sometime in June. Once i'm formally invited, I'll have a country of service and a leave date. I can barely sit still. It's like applying to college, being accepted, and then waiting and waiting for the government to call you up and tell you which University you'll be attending. It's a crazy feeling.

Anyway, for the next two weeks, I'm back at Cornell, visiting friends, my girlfriend Katheirne, and working on my research for the lab I work for.

On top of that I'm trying to study for the GREs and research what in the world one brings to Africa for 2 years.

Caio

No comments: