Thursday, January 17, 2008

Lost phone and dog operation.

Hi Everyone! Just a quick note to say that I'm in Ouaga for a couple days in when I arrived I realized that my cell phone went missing so I am without a phone now. When we tried calling it you get an error tone on the line which means that someone took out the SIM card which means that I'm not getting it back. Will get a new phone tomorrow and try to go to the company and try to get my nunmber back.

In other news Turtle is with me here in Ouaga and this morning she got spayed. Quite the adventure. No problems. The operation cost, in Burkina standards, what a young village house keeper might get paid in a year, roughly the same cost as it would in America. There's a comparison for ya. Will write more tonight - just wanted everyone to know why my phone doesn't work.

4 comments:

Bob said...

Wonderful to hear from you again! Some of us were getting worried, but not me! We knew you were ok. I hope your dog is in great shape, hey, you never know when you will get hungry! I mean, the dog can sniff out food for you. What did you think I meant? Keep doing well, Liz, we can't wait until you get back and tell us all about your trip.

DEL said...

Hey!! She lives!!! LOL Glad to see you are back with us, Beth. We were getting somewhat worried. No updates on your Blog for 3 weeks or more? Geeze, now I can let my fingernails grow back!
I'm sorry to hear about you losing your phone. I hope you get another soon. And poor lil' Turtle! I hope this doesn't affect her emotially! heheh But, I guess it's better than her having a litter of 12-13 pups on your bed!!!
I hope you get the chance soon to provide us with a narration and some pictures of your trip to the coast. Looking forward to that!
It's good to know you are well and in good spirits.

DEL said...

"Lost phone and dog operation"!
Sounds like a covert CIA maneuver to me.. lol

Bob said...

well now. It has been quite while since this update. Liz? How are you? All going well still?