Tuesday, November 25, 2008

pictures! (explanations to come!)


Where the electricity will one day be in my house. This is my shelf of last minute things i need before leaving the house. Bug spray, sun block, emergency phone numbers, dust masks and Tiana reminding me to take my phone.


Summer rain in Toussiana.


Mmmm sautéed bat.


Burkinabe car. Mom and fam coming home from fields.


One of the two buildings of my school. Four classrooms in that building.


Peanut harvest chez moi. The kids in the pictures are from two ethnicities (Mossi and Peul) can you see it? Boy in the yellow shirt is Danny.


Beautiful bird, forgot the species name. Actually a very small bird.


Me very very tired in a car going to visit An with the Taiwanese in their truck.


Turtle hates cameras. This is my living room, by the way.


Moussa's mom and I in her courtyard in the Ivory Coast.

4 comments:

DEL said...

Hiya Beth! Nice pictures! Some scenes of typical "family life" there, I see. "Churtle" sure is a big girl now, all decked out in her pretty red collar. And, waddaya' know, a few pictures of our lovely young friend too!!
Nice 'donkey Cadillac' that fellow was driving!!! All it needs is some 'flames' painted on it! heheh

DEL said...

I just realized that the "donkey Cadillac" could be a 'cute' picture if it wasn't for the fact that it might depict some father taking his young children out to the fields for a long day of back-breaking labor!
uhhh That skillet with meat is just a bit unappetizing, Beth! I hope that is Turtle's dinner, not yours!

DEL said...

For anyone reading this blog, today, Saturday Dec. 6 is Beth's birthday! I'm sure she would love to hear from her friends. Even if it's a belated wish!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Beth!!!

Cassandra said...

happy belated birthday!!

hey so i'm in america land and its COOOOLD here! Anyway i really like your pictures. Hopefully I'll see you soon! I know i asked you for your email before i left and then i forgot to write it down. hey, i was in a hurry! mine's catasyne_7@yahoo.com