Monday, April 30, 2007

And then I ran over my wallet

Well Tiana came down this weekend and that was great, and the time came on Sunday night to drive her up to the Providence train station, so we left as it was getting dark and stopped to get some gas a few exits down in N. Stonington. I got out with my wallet and cell phone (bad plan), paid with my credit card, got confused about the nozzles, put my wallet and cell phone on the back of the Focus I was driving, put gas in the car, capped the gas tank, and drove off.

Oops.

Got to Providence, couldn't find my phone, asked Tiana to call it, but there was no ring. Couldn't find my wallet. Immediately remembered what must have happened. Dropped off Tiana, drove back to N. Stonington. Asked at the desk: no wallet or phone. Searched the pump: no wallet or phone. Searched the trash: no wallet or phone. Searched the road: no wallet or phone. Searched the on-ramp and 1/8 mi. of highway: no wallet or phone.

Drove up on the highway to the next exit. Nothing. Looped back around and did it again: ran over black thing. Looped around again and pulled over near black thing: Found wallet! in two pieces! Then I searched around and found my cell phone in two pieces and no battery to be seen. Luckily those two pieces were the back of the battery compartment and the rest of the phone. All in all, i'm damn lucky and will never do it again.

But my wallet feels so soft now after being run over a few times.

2 comments:

Katherine Crocker said...

Good one. Is wallet still usable?

BMayer said...

Now you have double the amount of money! :-)