Friday, August 3, 2007

Wish List!

Hello and welcome to my wish list.

First, some general comments about mail and mailing things to me.

1) If you write me a letter, sent by airmail, it should cost you $0.84 (or about that) and should get to me in 2-3 weeks. Letters are awesome awesome awesome to get and so far I've gotten none but from my parents, so get out that stationary and write to me or draw me a picture for my new house!

2) If you send me a package, you must write "par avion" on it (that's airmail). If you don't, it might go by boat and then I might not get it before I leave this place. Sent by non priority mail or priority mail (just pick the cheapest) it should take between 3 -4 weeks to get to me. Use sturdy sturdy boxes and lots of tape because 3 weeks is a long time to get thrown around in the mail system and a lot of packages get here really beaten up or partially opened.

3) You might laugh, but to decrease the chances of packages getting opened and stolen from while going through customs, there are a couple stragegies which seem to actually hold water: 1) don't explain exactly what's in the package on the custom's form. Instead of saying "chocolate, granola bars, clothing, CDs" write "educational materials" or "hygiene products" or "religious materials"; 2) Address things to me as if I am a nun. Sister Elizabeth Jordan, PCT. Really. 3) Use some red ink on the package. Maybe not on the address because it might be hard to read but maybe write par avion there or something like that. Red ink and religion are two things that would help boxes not to get broken into. Not that the mail system is that bad here but if you're taking the time and energy to send me something, may as well be safe.

4) My address is on my blog and will be correct until I change it. But you'll know when I do that.

Forever and Always Wish List:

[This is a list of things that I could never have too much of. Which is to say that if you decide to send me any of this, you should never worry about whether I have too much or if someone else has sent me some already. And I'll love you forever.]

Clif Bars / Power Bars / Balance Energy Bars
Crunchy (not puffy) Cheez Doodles or Doritos
Tuna packets (they're lighter than cans)
Gatorade/Koolaid/Crystal Lite
Beef Jerky
Dried Fruit
Ketchup packets from McDonalds
Mac'nCheese sauce packets / Taco seasoning packets
M'nMs (any kind - for there is no chocolate here)
Gummy Worms
Poptarts
Velveeta Shells and Cheese
Parmasean Cheese (did you notice? there's no cheese here)
A really good DVD/book you think I'd like or pics from home
Pens/markers/crayons/stickers/anything like that
American Magazines


Once-Only-Please Wish List:

[These are things that I probably only need one of, so let me know if you're gonna send me something like this and I'll take it off the list... and love you forever.]


super glue
My Hammock! (that's to my parents since it's at home)
To be continued...

3 comments:

budtuck said...

Hammock, sewing kit, and stain remover will be off by Monday along with anything on your wish list that will fit. Your Dad will even include his "rocking string" for the hammock.

budtuck said...

Will send you our "Discovery" magazine each month. Did you received pictures okay?

Katherine Crocker said...

Sending superglue, frightening amount of Cheez powder, various spice and soup packets. Should be there by...Valentine's day. <3