Monday, April 16, 2007

and other things

Well it's nice to be home again. I think I'm on the verge of getting sick again but that's a normal feeling whenever I go from a situation of high stress to one of no stress. Usually goes away before I get really sick. Had the worst headache today I can remember having though. Went away *just* in time for ballroom.

I got my Otterbox and armband in the mail today and my step-mother and I had fun dunking it and my iPod underwater. And yup, true to its word, no leaks. And just like they say you can use it while it's inside the case just fine. Impressive. Thank you Otterbox! One more thing to check off my to-buy packing list.

Need to update my resumé and write my aspiration statement for the Peace Corps. Should get it done before I go to sleep tonight. Then I have to send them a copy of my transcript and I should be all set for paperwork for a while.

We still don't know what's going to happen with my mom and moving. I think that despite my mom's protests, Jodi and the kids are going to come out in about a week to visit and help with the packing/cleaning effort. Whether my mom has 1 month or three months, it'd be better to get stuff that can get done now, now rather than when I'm out of the country and Jodi et al. are not free.

Bio GRE went OK. I think that the vast majority of what I answered was correct, but I didn't pace myself well enough and ended up rushing the last third of the test which is the experimental section. Not experimental like one section of the general GRE is experimental, but experimental like the section that tests your ability to think about experiments. Not the best section to rush because there's a huge intro to each set of 4 questions and it gets hard to focus. So I just went through the section and answered all the evo/eco/neuro questions and then time was called. Could have been a lot worse. We'll see. Upside is that if I did a lot worse than I expected, I have time to take it again before applying to graduate school. Now to pick up studying for the General Test again.

One thing I don't want to feel when I go to the Peace Corps is out of shape. I'm fine feeling white, fat, foreign, ugly, tall, strange, rich, whatever. But out of shape just's a pain in the butt. So now that I'm home and will be for a while I'll try to be more regular with the exercising. We do have a sweet recumbent bicycle in the other room so there's no excuses.

Tiana's coming home this weekend which is excellent. Just excellent.
Oh yah, that's Tiana. -- >

No comments: