Tuesday, April 24, 2007

General update and a buffalo

Well the days are going by. I guess that's a good thing? I sent my résumé, aspiration statement and final Cornell transcript to the PC.

I ordered Shoes, hat, sleeping bag, sheet, folding knife, santoku knife, leatherman, 2 cheap watches, travel speakers, journal, planner, and some other things recently. I can't wait for the shopping to be over. I mean I know i probably "need" all these things considering I didn't even own a sleeping bag, but it just feels like i'm focusing on stuff stuff stuff which is exactly what I don't want to be the case. It should be almost over though. Only a couple more particular things and then beyond that it'll just be taking care of my spare glasses/sunglasses and some toiletries type things like soap, Purell, etc etc. And now I can put a lot of the stuff that I do own up for sale on eBay and the like, to help lessen the net amt. of stuff I have.

Tiana says she's going to take time off between Memorial Day and that next weekend - making it possible for me to see her from the 25th of May till the 4th when I go. Seems like not that long of a time but it'll be eons compared with how often i see her now. I miss the good old days where summer was like one constant sleep-over. Still have sleep-overs? hell ya we still have sleep-overs. : )

I went over to the Banisters' house tonight for dinner, which was quite nice. Alan Banister was my science teacher at Pine Point School 8th and 9th grade, and remains a great friend and someone I look up to quite a bit. His wife, Patience, was my field hockey / lacrosse coach way back in the day, and she is one of the most kind, gentle people I know. I'd include a picture, but to be honnest, I don't think i have a picture of either of them. Maybe i'll get you guys to let me take one before I go - to go in my enormous photo album : )

So naturally it's time for more gratuitous wildlife pictures from Kenya. Did I mention I love my camera? This is a close up on a Cape Buffalo (Syncerus caffer). One of the "big five" and very impressive. Very impressive in twos, and rather overwhelming in a large herd that makes a solid wall on the horizon.

1 comment:

Eliza said...

http://www.pinepoint.org/images/BktoPt/oct06castle.jpg

there's a pretty terrible picture of Patience.