Monday, April 2, 2007

Moving out


Just heard that my mom has to move out of our house in Mystic. The house was owned by two brothers from whom we were renting, but as a result of a them hating each other, the evil brother has taken full ownership of the house and has served my mother eviction papers.

Not that my mother has ever done anything wrong, in fact, quite to the contrary. She's being evicted because the brother is greedy and thinks he can get $2000 / month for a run down house just cuz it's in Mystic. My mom used to be a real estate agent and she says that the house'd need upwards of $75,000 of work before it deserved that kind of rent.

Either way, she has to move out and that's sad because while we never owned the house, it was definitely the house with the most childhood memories for me. My mom's on quite the budget too so her options are limited at best. He wants her out by the end of April, but that's unfair, unrealistic, and well, not gonna happen.

At least it's happening now while I'm still in the country since the rest of her family is in the Midwest or farther from CT. Here's a pretty bird outside said house.

No comments: